Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Milestone




So, I have always had this fear of baking. Love to cook - hate to bake. About a year or so ago I decided that I was going to conquer this stupid fear and bake with no fear. Very slowly I have progressed, starting with basic cookies to pies to finally a cake. A birthday cake for my friend's 30th. The party was 80's theme and the request was a Rubik's Cube. I admit, it's not the prettiest cake in the world but it seemed to be a hit. Thought I would share some pictures of the big project.




3 comments:

Aubrie said...

Keri, that looks incredible! How'd you ever get such a perfect square?!?

Kathy said...

That cake came out looking so good!!! How did you do it? Great job on baking!!!

The Christenson's said...

You are the best!! I appreciate you conquering your fear and making the cake for me...although, if I remember correctly, you told me you LOVE this sort of thing! :P Liar!! Love ya!